Thursday, May 5, 2011
So while I was sitting here listening to the Seattle rain tapping against my windows, I put together some of my favorite songs for that kind of mood where you just allow your mind to wander off into full blown romance.
In case you're not hip to the whole love thing, this mix is also perfectly suitable as a soundtrack for the office, dinner, cleaning out your closets, baking pies, long baths, and driving (scientific research proves these tracks actually prevent road rage). I have a friend who also plays it to calm down her dog, but that's a whole other kind of story.
I've put my Lovers' Lane mix online here for you to sample, so just click it and enjoy!
1. Fools in Love - Inara George
2. I Melt With You - Modern English
3. I'll Be Your Mirror - The Velvet Underground & Nico
4. I Want You - Bob Dylan
5. Speak Easy - Maria Taylor
6. Each Coming Night - Iron & Wine
7. Little Bit - Lykke Li
8. Crazy Love - Van Morrison
9. Someone To Love - Kate Earl
10. While You Were Sleeping - Elvis Perkins
11. I'd Like To Walk Around In Your Mind - Vashti Bunyan
12. Darlin' Don't - Stephen Fretwell
13. Say Yes - Elliott Smith
14. Can I Stay - Ray Lamontagne
15. Man Like You - Patrick Watson
Thanks to Miss Moss for turning me on to 8tracks!